Use software LRO in the VMkernel backend of VMXNET3 adapters to improve networking performance of virtual machines if the host physical adapters do not support hardware LRO.
Before you begin
About this task
vSphere 5.5 and later supports software LRO for both IPv4 and IPv6 packets.
- In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to the host.
- On the Manage tab, click Settings.
- Expand the System section and click Advanced System Settings.
- Edit the value of the Net.Vmxnet3SwLRO parameter for VMXNET3 adapters.
To enable software LRO, set Net.Vmxnet3SwLRO to 1.
To disable software LRO, set Net.Vmxnet3SwLRO to 0.
- Click OK to apply the changes.