Under certain conditions you might need to exclude physical adapters with low capacity from the bandwidth allocation model of Network I/O Control version 3.
About this task
For example, if the bandwidth allocation on a vSphere Distributed Switch is tailored on top of 10 GbE NICs, you might not be able to add a 1GbE NIC to the switch because it cannot meet the higher allocation requirements configured on the 10GbE NICs.
Verify that the host is running ESXi 6.0 and later.
Verify that vSphere Distributed Switch is version 6.0.0 and later.
Verify that Network I/O Control on the switch is version 3.
- In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to the host.
- On the Manage tab, click Settings.
- Expand System and click Advanced System Settings.
- Set the physical adapters that you need to function outside the scope of Network I/O Control as a comma-separated list to the Net.IOControlPnicOptOut parameter.
For example: vmnic0,vmnic3
- Click OK to apply the changes.