Under certain conditions you might need to exclude physical adapters with low capacity from the bandwidth allocation model of Network I/O Control version 3.
Before you begin
Verify that the host is running ESXi 6.0 and later.
Verify that vSphere Distributed Switch is version 6.0.0 and later.
Verify that Network I/O Control on the switch is version 3.
About this task
For example, if the bandwidth allocation on a vSphere Distributed Switch is tailored on top of 10 GbE NICs, you might not be able to add a 1GbE NIC to the switch because it cannot meet the higher allocation requirements configured on the 10GbE NICs.
- In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to the host.
- On the Manage tab, click Settings.
- Expand System and click Advanced System Settings.
- Set the physical adapters that you need to function outside the scope of Network I/O Control as a comma-separated list to the Net.IOControlPnicOptOut parameter.
For example: vmnic0,vmnic3
- Click OK to apply the changes.