Create the necessary private VLANs on the vSphere Distributed Switch to be able to assign distributed ports to participate to a private VLAN.
- In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to the distributed switch.
- On the Manage tab, click Settings.
- Select Private VLAN and click Edit.
- To add a primary VLAN, under Primary VLAN ID click Add and enter the ID of a primary VLAN.
- Click the plus sign (+) in front of the primary VLAN ID to add it to the list.
The primary private VLAN also appears under Secondary Private VLAN ID.
- To add a secondary VLAN, in the right pane click Add and enter the ID of the VLAN.
- Click the plus sign (+) in front of the secondary VLAN ID to add it to the list.
- From the drop-down menu in the Secondary VLAN type column, select either Isolated or Community.
- Click OK.
What to do next
Configure a distributed port group or port to associate traffic with the private VLAN. See Configure VLAN Tagging on a Distributed Port Group or Distributed Port.