Jumbo frames reduce the CPU load caused by transferring data. Enable jumbo frames on a VMkernel adapter by changing the maximum transmission units (MTU) of the adapter.
- In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to the host.
- Under Manage, select Networking and then select VMkernel adapters.
- Select a VMkernel adapter from the adapter table.
The properties of the adapter appear.
- Click the name of the VMkernel adapter.
- Click Edit.
- Select NIC settings and set the MTU property to a value greater than 1500.
You can increase the MTU size up to 9000 bytes.
- Click OK.