Edit the settings of a link aggregation group ( LAG) if you need to add more ports to the group or change the LACP negotiating mode, the load balancing algorithm, or the VLAN and NetFlow policies.
- In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to the vSphere Distributed Switch.
- Select Manage and select Settings.
- Select LACP.
- In the Name text box, type a new name for the LAG.
- Change the number of ports for the LAG if you want to add more physical NICs to it.
The new NICs must be connected to ports that are part of an LACP port channel on the physical switch.
- Change the LACP negotiating mode of the LAG.
If all ports on the physical LACP port channel are in Active LACP mode, you can change the LACP mode of the LAG to Passive and the reverse.
- Change the load balancing mode of the LAG.
You can select from the load balancing algorithms that LACP defines.
- Change the VLAN and the NetFlow policies.
This option is active when the option for overriding the VLAN and NetFlow policies for individual ports is enabled on the uplink port group. If you change the VLAN and NetFlow policies for the LAG, they override the policies set at the uplink port group level.
- Click OK.