To apply different policies for distributed ports, you configure the per-port overriding of the policies that are set at the port group level. You can also enable the reset of any configuration that is set on per-port level when a distributed port disconnects from a virtual machine.
- Locate a distributed port group in the vSphere Web Client.
- Select a distributed switch and click the Related Objects tab.
- Click Distributed Port Groups.
- Right-click the distributed port group and select Edit settings.
- Select the Advanced page.
Configure reset at disconnect
From the drop-down menu, enable or disable reset at disconnect.
When a distributed port is disconnected from a virtual machine, the configuration of the distributed port is reset to the distributed port group setting. Any per-port overrides are discarded.
Override port policies
Select the distributed port group policies to be overridden on a per-port level.
- (Optional) Use the policy pages to set overrides for each port policy.
- Click OK.