You can change general distributed port settings such as the port name and description.
- Locate a distributed port group in the vSphere Web Client.
- Select a distributed switch and click the Related Objects tab.
- Click Distributed Port Groups.
- Select a distributed port group.
- Click the Manage tab, and click Ports.
- Select a distributed port from the table.
Information about the distributed port appears at the bottom of the screen.
- Click Edit distributed port settings.
- On the Properties page and policy pages, edit information about the distributed port and click OK.
If overrides are not allowed, the policy options are disabled.
You can allow overrides at the port level by changing the Advanced settings of the distributed port group. See Edit Advanced Distributed Port Group Settings with the vSphere Web Client.