Enable the traffic filtering and marking policy on a port group if you want to configure traffic security and marking on all virtual machine network adapters or uplink adapters that are participating in the group.
About this task
You can disable the traffic filtering and marking policy on a particular port to avoid processing the traffic flowing through the port. See Disable Traffic Filtering and Marking on a Distributed Port or Uplink Port.
- Locate a distributed port group or an uplink port group in the vSphere Web Client.
- Select a distributed switch and click the Related Objects tab.
- Click Distributed Port Groups to see the list of distributed port groups, or click Uplink Port Groups to see the list of uplink port groups.
- Right-click the port group and select Edit settings.
- Select Traffic filtering and marking.
- From the Status drop-down menu, select Enabled.
- Click OK.
What to do next
Set up traffic marking or filtering on the data that is flowing through the ports of the distributed port group or through the uplink port group. See Mark Traffic on a Distributed Port Group or Uplink Port Group and Filter Traffic on a Distributed Port Group or Uplink Port Group.