Remove a VMkernel adapter from a vSphere distributed or a standard switch when you no longer need the adapter. Make sure that you leave at least one VMkernel adapter for management traffic on the host to keep the network connectivity up.
- In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to the host.
- Under Manage, select Networking and then select VMkernel adapters.
- Select a VMkernel adapter from the list, and click Remove.
- On the confirmation dialog box, click Analyze impact.
- If you use software iSCSI adapters with port binding, review the impact on their networking configuration.
iSCSI will continue its normal function after the new networking configuration is applied.
The normal function of iSCSI might be disrupted if the new networking configuration is applied.
The normal function of iSCSI will be interrupted if the new networking configuration is applied.
- If the impact on iSCSI is important or critical, click iSCSI entry and review the reasons that are displayed in the Analysis details pane.
- Cancel the removal of the VMkernel adapter until you fix the reasons for any critical or important impact on a service, or, if there are no impacted services, close the Analyze Impact dialog box.
- Click OK.