You can configure a virtual machine that runs on an ESXi host to have up to 128 virtual CPUs.
About this task
When you configure your virtual machine for multicore virtual CPU settings, you must ensure that your configuration complies with the requirements of the guest operating system EULA.
- Find the virtual machine in the vSphere Web Client inventory.
- To find a virtual machine, select a data center, folder, cluster, resource pool, or host.
- Click the Related Objects tab and click Virtual Machines.
- Right-click the virtual machine and click Edit Settings.
- On the Virtual Hardware tab, expand the CPU section.
- Select a value from the CPU drop-down menu.
- Select a value from the Cores per Socket drop-down menu.
The resulting total number of cores is a number equal to or less than the number of logical CPUs on the host.
- Click OK.