Attackers can use an unused display feature as a vector for inserting malicious code into your environment. Disable features that are not in use in your environment.
- Find the virtual machine in the vSphere Web Client inventory.
- Select a data center, folder, cluster, resource pool, or host.
- Click the Related Objects tab and click Virtual Machines.
- Right-click the virtual machine and click Edit Settings.
- Select VM Options.
- Click Advanced and click Edit Configuration.
- If appropriate, set the following parameters by adding or editing them if appropriate.
If you set this parameter to TRUE, advanced graphics functions no longer work. Only character-cell console mode will be available. If you use this setting, mks.enable3d has no effect.Note:
Apply this settings only to virtual machines that do not need a virtualized video card.
Set this parameter to FALSE on virtual machines that do not require 3D functionality.