In the vCenter Single Sign-On, groups listed on the Groups tab are internal to vCenter Single Sign-On. A group lets you create a container for a collection of group members (principals).
When you add a vCenter Single Sign-On group from the vSphere Web Client administration interface, the group is added to the vsphere.local domain.
- Log in to the vSphere Web Client as firstname.lastname@example.org or as another user with vCenter Single Sign-On administrator privileges.
Users with vCenter Single Sign-On administrator privileges are in the Administrators group in the vsphere.local domain.
- Click Home, and browse to .
- Select the Groups tab and click the New Group icon.
- Enter a name and description for the group.
You cannot change the group name after you create the group.
- Click OK.
What to do next
- Add members to the group.