Disable lockdown mode to allow configuration changes from direct connections to the ESXi host. Leaving lockdown mode enabled results in a more secure environment.
About this task
In vSphere 6.0 you can disable lockdown mode as follows:
From the vSphere Web Client
Users can disable both normal lockdown mode and strict lockdown mode from the vSphere Web Client.
From the Direct Console User Interface
Users who can access the Direct Console User Interface on the ESXi host can disable normal lockdown mode. In strict lockdown mode, the Direct Console Interface service is stopped.
- Browse to the host in the vSphere Web Client inventory.
- Click the Manage tab and click Settings.
- Under System, select Security Profile.
- In the Lockdown Mode panel, click Edit.
- Click Lockdown Mode and select None to disable lockdown mode.
The system exits lockdown mode, vCenter Server displays an alarm, and an entry is added to the audit log.