You can use vCenter Single Sign-On with Windows Session Authentication (SSPI). To make the checkbox on the login page available, the Client Integration Plug-in must be installed.
Before you begin
Your Windows domain must be set up properly. See VMware Knowledge Base article 2064250.
About this task
Using SSPI speeds up login for the user who is currently logged in to a machine.
- Navigate to the vSphere Web Client login page.
- If the Use Windows session authentication check box is not available, click Download the Client Integration Plug-in at the bottom of the login page.
- If the browser blocks the installation by issuing certificate errors or by running a pop-up blocker, follow the Help instructions for your browser to resolve the problem.
- Close other browsers if you are prompted to do so.
After installation, the plug-in is available for all browsers. If your browser requires it, you might have to allow the plug-in for individual sessions or for all sessions.
- Exit and restart your browser.
After the restart, you can select the Use Windows session authentication check box.