You can create a VM storage policy compatible with a virtual datastore.
- From the vSphere Web Client Home, click .
- Click the Create a new VM storage policy icon.
- Select the vCenter Server instance.
- Type a name and a description for the storage policy and click Next.
- On the Rule Set page, select the Virtual Volumes storage provider from the Rules based on data services drop-down menu.
The page expands to show data services provided by the Virtual Volumes storage resource.
- Select a data service to include and specify its value.
Make sure that the values you provide are within the range of values advertised by the Virtual Volumes profile.Based on your input, the storage consumption mechanism calculates the amount of space required for a virtual disk that will reside on the virtual datastore.
- Complete the creation of the storage policy and click Finish.
The new VM storage policy compatible with Virtual Volumes appears on the list.
What to do next
You can now associate this policy with a virtual machine, or designate the policy as default.