ESXi hosts use a logical I/O proxy, called protocol endpoint, to communicate with virtual volumes and virtual disk files that virtual volumes encapsulate. Protocol endpoints are exported, along with associated storage containers, by the storage system through a storage provider. Protocol endpoints become visible in the vSphere Web Client after you map a storage container to a virtual datastore. You can review properties of protocol endpoints and modify specific settings.
- Browse to the host in the vSphere Web Client navigator.
- Click the Manage tab, and click Storage.
- Click Protocol Endpoints.
- To view details for a specific item, select this item from the list.
- Use tabs under Protocol Endpoint Details to access additional information and modify properties for the selected protocol endpoint.
View the item properties and characteristics. For SCSI (block) items, view and edit multipathing policies.
Paths (SCSI protocol endpoints only)
Display paths available for the protocol endpoint. Disable or enable a selected path. Change the Path Selection Policy.
Display a corresponding virtual datastore. Perform datastore management operations.