Turn on the host's ability to swap to host cache. You can also change the percentage of space allocated for host cache.
Use this task if you do not have an appropriate licence that allows you to set up and manage a virtual flash resource. If you have the license, use the virtual flash resource for host cache configuration.
Create a flash-backed VMFS datastore. See Create a VMFS Datastore.
- Browse to the host in the vSphere Web Client navigator.
- Click the Manage tab, and click Storage.
- Click Host Cache Configuration.
- Select the datastore in the list and click the Allocate space for host cache icon.
- To enable the host swap cache on a per-datastore basis, select the Allocate space for host cache check box.
By default, maximum available space is allocated for host cache.
- (Optional) To change the host cache size, select Custom size and make appropriate adjustments.
- Click OK.