You use the New Datastore wizard to create a virtual datastore.
- In the vSphere Web Client navigator, select
- Click the Create a New Datastore icon.
- Type the datastore name and if required, select the placement location for the datastore.
Make sure to use the name that does not duplicate another datastore name in your data center environment.
If you mount the same virtual datastore to several hosts, the name of the datastore must be consistent across all hosts.
- Select VVOL as the datastore type.
- From the list of storage containers, select a backing storage container.
- Select the hosts that require access to the datastore.
- Review the configuration options and click Finish.
What to do next
After you create the virtual datastore, you can perform such datastore operations as renaming the datastore, browsing datastore files, unmounting the datastore, and so on.
You cannot add the virtual datastore to a datastore cluster.