If you use a single vSphere standard switch to connect multiple VMkernel adapters to multiple network adapters, set up network policy so that only one physical network adapter is active for each VMkernel adapter.
By default, for each VMkernel adapter on the vSphere standard switch, all network adapters appear as active. You must override this setup, so that each VMkernel adapter maps to only one corresponding active physical. For example, vmk1 maps to vmnic1, vmk2 maps to vmnic2, and so on.
- Browse to the host in the vSphere Web Client navigator.
- Click the Configure tab, and click Networking.
- Click Virtual Switches, and select the vSphere switch that you want to modify from the list.
- On the vSwitch diagram, select the VMkernel adapter and click the Edit Settings icon.
- On the Edit Settings wizard, click Teaming and Failover and click Override under Failover Order.
- Designate only one physical adapter as active and move all remaining adapters to the Unused Adapters category.
- Repeat Step 4 through Step 6 for each iSCSI VMkernel interface on the vSphere standard switch.
Example: iSCSI Network Policy
|VMkernel Adapter (vmk#)||Physical Network Adapter (vmnic#)|