You can change the default iSCSI name and alias assigned to your iSCSI adapters. For the for independent hardware iSCSI adapters, you can also change the default IP settings.
About this task
When you modify any default properties for your iSCSI adapters, make sure to correctly format their names and IP addresses.
- Browse to the host in the vSphere Web Client navigator.
- Click the Manage tab, and click Storage.
- Click Storage Adapters, and select the adapter (vmhba#) to configure.
- Under Adapter Details, click the Properties tab and click Edit in the General panel.
- To change the default iSCSI name for your adapter, enter the new name.
Make sure the name you enter is worldwide unique and properly formatted or some storage devices might not recognize the iSCSI adapter.
- (Optional) Enter the iSCSI alias.
The alias is a name that you use to identify the iSCSI adapter.
If you change the iSCSI name, it will be used for new iSCSI sessions. For existing sessions, new settings will not be used until logout and re-login.