When you define or edit a storage policy for virtual machines, you can create or modify a rule that references tags that you used for particular datastores. The datastores become compatible with that type of storage policy.
- If the rule set contains other storage-specific rules, the datastore with the assigned tag must satisfy all of the rules in the rule set.
- If you add several tags from the same category within the same rule, the tags are treated as alternative constraints. Either of the tags can be satisfied.
- If you add the tags in separate rules within the same rule set, all tags must be satisfied.
Create storage tags and apply them to datastores. See Assign Tags to Datastores.
- On the Rule Set page, add or edit a tag-based rule:
- To add a rule, click the Add tag-based rule button.
- To modify an existing rule, select the rule and click the Modify rule icon.
- Specify a category.
- Make a tag selection or edit an existing selection.
Datastores that use the tags that you selected are compatible with the storage policy.