To enable Jumbo Frames for software and dependent hardware iSCSI adapters in the vSphere Web Client, change the default value of the maximum transmission units (MTU) parameter.
You change the MTU parameter on the vSphere switch that you use for iSCSI traffic. For more information, see the vSphere Networking documentation.
- Browse to the host in the vSphere Web Client navigator.
- Click the Manage tab, and click Networking.
- Click Virtual Switches, and select the vSphere switch that you want to modify from the list.
- Click the Edit Settings icon.
- On the Properties page, change the MTU parameter.
This step sets the MTU for all physical NICs on that standard switch. The MTU value should be set to the largest MTU size among all NICs connected to the standard switch. ESXi supports the MTU size up to 9000 Bytes.