Bind an iSCSI adapter with a VMkernel adapter.
Before you begin
Create a virtual VMkernel adapter for each physical network adapter on your host. If you use multiple VMkernel adapters, set up the correct network policy.
- Browse to the host in the vSphere Web Client navigator.
- Click the Manage tab, and click Storage.
- Click Storage Adapters and select the software or dependent iSCSI adapter to configure from the list.
- Under Adapter Details, click the Network Port Binding tab and click Add.
- Select a VMkernel adapter to bind with the iSCSI adapter.
Make sure that the network policy for the VMkernel adapter is compliant with the binding requirements.
You can bind the software iSCSI adapter to one or more VMkernel adapters. For a dependent hardware iSCSI adapter, only one VMkernel adapter associated with the correct physical NIC is available.
- Click OK.
The network connection appears on the list of VMkernel port bindings for the iSCSI adapter.