You can change the name and type of an existing baseline group, as well as add or remove the upgrade and patch baselines from a baseline group.
About this task
In the vSphere Client you edit baseline groups from the Update Manager Client Administration view.
You can edit baseline groups only if you have the Manage Baseline privilege.
- Use the vSphere Client or the vSphere Web Client to connect to a vCenter Server system with which Update Manager is registered.
- Depending on the client you use to connect to vCenter Server perform the following steps.
vSphere Web Client
On the VMs/VAs Baselines tab under Manage, select an existing baseline group and click Edit existing baseline group definition.
On the Baselines and Groups tab, select the type of baseline group to edit by clicking either Hosts or VMs/VAs.
Select a baseline group from the Baseline Groups pane and click Edit above the pane.
- Edit the name of the baseline group.
- (Optional) Change the included upgrade baselines (if any).
- (Optional) Change the included patch baselines (if any).
- (Optional) Change the included extension baselines (if any).
- Review the Ready to Complete page and click OK.