To view compliance information and scan objects in the inventory against baselines and baseline groups, you must first attach existing baselines and baseline groups to these objects. You can attach baselines and baseline groups to objects.
Verify that you have the Attach Baseline privilege.
Verify that all the baselines or baseline groups that you want to use are already created. You can create baselines and baseline groups only from the Update Manager Client plug-in for the vSphere Client.
- Use the vSphere Client or the vSphere Web Client to connect to a vCenter Server system with which Update Manager is registered.
- Select the type of object in the vSphere Web Client or vSphere Client object navigator.
For example, Hosts and Clusters or VMs and Templates.
- Select the object in the inventory, and select Update Manager.
vSphere Web Client
Select Update Manager tab.
- Click Attach, and select the types of baselines you want to attach.
- In the Individual Baselines pane, select one or more baselines to attach to the object.
- In the Baseline Groups pane, select one or more baseline groups to attach to the object.
- Click OK.
What to do next
Scan the selected object against the attached baselines.