Before remediation, you should scan the vSphere objects against the attached baselines and baseline groups. You can run a scan of hosts in the vSphere inventory immediately by initiating a scan from the Update Manager Web Client, and later perform staging and remediation from the Update Manager Client plug-in for the vSphere Client.
- Use the vSphere Client or the vSphere Web Client to connect to a vCenter Server system with which Update Manager is registered.
Client Steps vSphere Web Client
- Select .
- From the inventory object navigator, right-click a datacenter, a cluster, or a host, and select .
- Select , in the navigation bar.
- From the object navigator, right-click a datacenter, a cluster, or a host, and select Scan.
- Select the types of updates to scan for.
You can scan for Patches and Extensions and Upgrades.
- Click OK.
The selected host, or the container object is scanned against all patches, extensions, and upgrades in the attached baselines.
What to do next
Stage and remediate the scanned inventory object in Update Manager Client plug-in for the vSphere Client.