Fixed baselines consist of a specific set of patches that do not change as patch availability changes.
- Use the vSphere Client or the vSphere Web Client to connect to a vCenter Server system with which Update Manager is registered.
- Depending on the client you use to connect to vCenter Server perform the following steps.
vSphere Web Client
On the Manage tab, under Host Baselines, click Create a new baseline.
On the Baselines and Groups tab, click Create above the Baselines tab.
- Type a name, and optionally, a description of the baseline.
- Under Baseline Type, select Host Patch, and click Next.
- Select Fixed for the type of baseline and click Next.
- Select individual patches to include and click the down arrow to add them to the Fixed Patches to Add list.
- (Optional) If you use the vSphere Client, click Advanced to find specific patches to include in the baseline.
- Click Next.
- On the Ready to Complete page, click Finish.
The new baseline is displayed in the Baselines pane of the Baselines and Groups tab.