You can combine upgrade baselines in a virtual machine and virtual appliance baseline group.
About this task
You can click Finish in the New Baseline Group wizard at any time to save your baseline group, and add baselines to it at a later stage.
- Use the vSphere Client or the vSphere Web Client to connect to a vCenter Server system with which Update Manager is registered.
- Depending on the client you use to connect to vCenter Server perform the following steps.
vSphere Web Client
On the VMs/VAs Baselines tab under Manage, click Create new baseline definition group.
On the Baselines and Groups tab, click Create above the Baseline Groups pane.
In the New Baseline Group wizard, under Baseline Group Type, select Virtual Machines and Virtual Appliances Baseline Group.
- Enter a name for the baseline group and click Next.
- For each type of upgrade (virtual appliance, virtual hardware, and VMware Tools), select one of the available upgrade baselines to include in the baseline group.
If you decide to remediate only virtual appliances, the upgrades for virtual machines are ignored, and the reverse. If a folder contains both virtual machines and virtual appliances, the appropriate upgrades are applied to each type of object.
- (Optional) In the vSphere Client Create a new Virtual Appliance upgrade baseline by clicking Create a new Virtual Appliance Upgrade Baseline at the bottom of the Upgrades page, and complete the New Baseline wizard.
After you complete the New Baseline wizard, you return to the New Baseline Group wizard.
- Click Next.
- On the Ready to Complete page, click Finish.
The new baseline group is displayed in the Baseline Groups pane.