You can view tasks and events that are associated with a single object or all objects in the vSphere inventory.
By default, the tasks list for an object includes tasks performed on its child objects. You can filter the list by removing tasks performed on child objects and by using keywords to search for tasks.
If your vCenter Server system is connected to other vCenter Server systems by a common vCenter Single Sign-On domain, a column in the task list displays the name of the vCenter Server system on which the task was performed.
- In the vSphere Client select in the navigation bar.
- Select the type of objects.
For example, Hosts and Clusters or VMs and Templates.
- Select an object in the inventory.
- Click the Task & Events tab.
- Switch between tasks and events by clicking the Tasks and Events buttons.