To upgrade the hosts in your vSphere environment, you must create host upgrade baselines.
Before you begin
Upload at least one ESXi image.
- Use the vSphere Client or the vSphere Web Client to connect to a vCenter Server system with which Update Manager is registered.
- Depending on the client you use to connect to vCenter Server perform the following steps.
vSphere Web Client
On the Manage tab, under Host Baselines, click Create a new baseline.
On the Baselines and Groups tab, click Create above the Baselines tab.
- Type a name, and optionally, a description of the baseline.
- On the Baselines and Groups tab, click Create above the Baselines pane.
- Under Baseline Type, select Host Upgrade and click Next.
- On the ESXi Image page, select a host upgrade image and click Next.
- Review the Ready to Complete page and click Finish.
The new baseline is displayed in the Baselines pane of the Baselines and Groups tab.