You might need to re-register Update Manager with vCenter Server in certain situations, for example when the IP address of vCenter Server or Update Manager changes.
Stop the Update Manager service.
- In the Options pane of the Update Manager Utility, click Re-register to vCenter Server.
- In the Configurations pane, provide the connection and authentication details.
- In the vCenter Server IP Address or Name text box, type the new IP address or host name of the vCenter Server system.
- In the User Name and the Password text boxes, type the administrator user name and password for the vCenter Server system.
- Click Apply.
- Restart the Update Manager service.
The Update Manager server is re-registered to the reconfigured vCenter Server system.