vCenter Server Appliance Component Manager fails with an error when you first deploy it after an upgrade.
You deploy a vCenter Server Appliance instance and receive an error such as the following text:
"Firstboot script execution Error."
"The SSL certificate does not match when connecting to the vCenter Single Sign-On: hostname in certificate didn't match: <vcenter-b.domain.com> != <localhost.localdom> OR <localhost.localdom> OR <localhost>"
The vCenter Server Appliance instance names do not match the names in the SSL certificates. You must regenerate the certificates to get the correct Fully Qualified Domain Names.
- Power on the vCenter Server Appliance 5.5 instance.
- Log into the VAMI https://IP:5480.
- Make sure that the correct IP address and Hostname are set in the Network Settings.
- Select the check box.
- Restart the vCenter Server Appliance 5.5 instance.
The vCenter Server, vSphere Web Client, vami, slapd, vCenter Inventory Service, and vCenter Single Sign-On certificates are regenerated with a certificate containing CN=vcenter-a.domain.com and SubjectAltName containing DNS=vcenter-a.domain.com DNS=vcenter-a IP=192.168.2.100.The certificates no longer contain vcenter-b.domain.com.
- Rerun the vCenter Server Appliance 6.0 upgrade.