You can associate workflows with a vSphere object type to run the workflows directly on the inventory objects of that type.
Before you begin
Verify that you have configured at least one Orchestrator server to work with the same Single Sign-On instance to which both the vCenter Server and vSphere Web Client are pointing. You must also ensure that Orchestrator is registered as a vCenter Server extension. You register Orchestrator as a vCenter Server extension when you specify a user (by providing the user name and password), who has the privileges to manage vCenter Server extensions. For more information, see Installing and Configuring VMware vRealize Orchestrator.
Log in as a member of the Administrators group to be able to configure the default Orchestrator server.
About this task
Workflows associated with inventory object types are listed in the pop-up menu that appears when you right-click an inventory object, and in the Actions menu.
- In the object navigator, click vRealize Orchestrator.
- Click the Manage tab.
- Click the Context Actions subtab.
- Click the Add icon to add a new workflow.
- Select the Orchestrator server from the vRO Servers tree, and navigate through the workflow library to find the workflow to add.
- Click Add.
The workflow appears in the list of selected workflows on the right.
- (Optional) : Enable multi-selection.
Multi-selection allows you to select multiple vSphere objects of the same type when you run the workflow.
- Under Available types, select the vSphere object types with which you want to associate the workflow.
- Click OK.