Customize the deployment properties of the template. vCenter Host Gateway appliance has specific options that you must set during the deployment.
- Enter the administrator user name and password for the vCenter Host Gateway appliance.
- (Optional) : If you want to enable SSH-based remote login, select the SSH Enabled check box.
- To synchronize the time of the vCenter Host Gateway with the time of VMware Tools, select the Tools-based Time Synchronization Enabled check box.
- To synchronize the time of the vCenter Host Gateway with one or more NTP servers, enter the host names or IP addresses in the NTP Server text box, separated by a comma.
If you chose to synchronize the time of the appliance with both VMware Tools and an NTP server, and there is a difference between those times, the appliance synchronizes according to the NTP server time.
- (Optional) : Enter the host name or IP address of the Platform Services Controller.
You can use vCenter Host Gateway only after you register it as a service in the Platform Services Controller. If you leave the text box empty, you must use the vCenter Host Gateway appliance to register vCenter Host Gateway later.
- Provide a Single Sign-On user name and password.
The user name you enter must have Single Sign-On administrator privileges.
- Enter the Host Network IP Address Family.
- Select the Host Network Mode.
Manual configuration. If you are using static host network mode, enter the Host Network IP Adddress and the length of the Host Network Prefix.
Automatic configuration. Available only if you have selected IPv6 address.
- Enter the Host Network Default Gateway.
- Enter the Host Network DNS Servers.
If you need to provide more than one value, separate them by a comma.
- Enter the Host Network Identity name or the fully qualified domain name of the appliance.
- Click Next.