If you have configured more than one Orchestrator server to work with a vCenter Server instance that is connected with your vSphere Web Client, you must configure the default Orchestrator server to use with the vCenter Server instance.
You cannot run workflows on the objects in a vCenter Server instance if it is not added as a vCenter Server host to the Orchestrator server.
Log in as a member of the Administrators group to be able to configure the default Orchestrator server.
- Log in to the vSphere Web Client.
- In the object navigator, click vRealize Orchestrator.
- In the Manage tab, click the Servers subtab.
A table appears that lists the available vCenter Server instances. Each row of the table contains a vCenter Server and the Orchestrator server that manages it.
- Right-click a row of the table with the available vCenter Server instances and select Edit configuration.
- In the Edit vRealize Orchestrator connections dialog box, select the default Orchestrator server to manage your vCenter Server instance.
Select the Fixed IP/host name check box and type the IP address of the Orchestrator server.
Select the Registered as VC extension check box and from the drop-down menu, select the URL address of the Orchestrator server.
- Click OK.
You successfully configured a default vRealize Orchestrator server in the vSphere Web Client.