You can add third-party hosts to the vCenter Server inventory by using the vSphere Web Client.
Before you begin
Verify that you have a valid ESXi 6.0 license for each third-party host that you add.
- In the vSphere Web Client, navigate to a data center or host folder.
- Click .
- Enter the name or IP address of the host, followed by the port.
- From the Type drop-down menu, select a third-party host type.
- Click Next.
- If prompted, confirm that the connection is as secure as required.
- If prompted, check and verify the host certificate.
- In the Username and Password text boxes, enter administrator credentials and click Next.
- Review the host summary information and click Next.
- Assign a licence key to the host and click Next.
- On the page that displays lockdown options, leave the default options selected, and click Next.
- Select a location for the virtual machines that already exist on the host and click Next.
- Review the summary information and click Finish.