To explore the complete set of features available for an asset, you can set it to evaluation mode.
About this task
Different products have different terms for using their evaluation mode. Before you set an asset to evaluation mode, you should consider the specifics for using the evaluation mode of its associated product. For details, see the licensing model documentation for the relevant product at Licensing for Products in vSphere
To view and manage licenses in the vSphere 6.0 environment, you must have the vCenter Server system, where the vSphere Web Client runs.privilege on the
- In the vSphere Web Client, select Administration, and under Licensing, select Licenses.
- Select the Assets tab.
- Select the vCenter Server systems, Hosts, Clusters, or Solutions tab.
- Select the asset that you want to set to evaluation mode.
- Click Assign License.
- Select Evaluation License.
- Click OK to save your changes.
The asset is in evaluation mode. You can explore the entire set of features that are available for the asset.
You must assign an appropriate license to the asset before its evaluation period expires. Otherwise the asset will get into unlicensed state and certain functionality will be blocked.