Enable EVC on an existing cluster to ensure vMotion CPU compatibility between the hosts in the cluster.
Verify that the hosts in the cluster meet the requirements listed in EVC Requirements for Hosts.
- Select the cluster in the inventory.
- Power off all the virtual machines on the hosts with feature sets greater than the EVC mode.
- Ensure that the cluster contains hosts with CPUs from only one vendor, either Intel or AMD.
- Click the Manage tab, select VMware EVC and click Edit.
- Enable EVC for the CPU vendor and feature set appropriate for the hosts in the cluster, and click OK.
- Power on the virtual machines in the cluster to apply the EVC.