After you joined the vCenter Server Appliance, you can log in to the vSphere Web Client and set up the vCenter Server Appliance to leave the Active Directory domain.
Verify that the user name you use to log in to the vCenter Server instance in the vCenter Server Appliance is a member of the SystemConfiguration.Administrators group in vCenter Single Sign-On.
- Use the vSphere Web Client to log in as administrator@your_domain_name to the vCenter Server instance in the vCenter Server Appliance.
The address is of the type http://appliance-IP-address-or-FQDN/vsphere-client.
- On the vSphere Web Client Home page, click System Configuration.
- Under System Configuration, click Nodes.
- Under Nodes, select a node and click the Manage tab.
- Under Advanced, select Active Directory and click Leave.
- Type the Active Directory user name and password.
- Click OK to leave the Active Directory domain.
- Click the Actions menu, and select Reboot to restart the appliance so that the changes are applied.