When you create a Virtual SAN cluster, the performance service is disabled. Turn on Virtual SAN performance service to monitor the performance of Virtual SAN clusters, hosts, disks, and VMs.
Before you begin
Before you enable the Virtual SAN performance service, make sure that the cluster is properly configured and has no unresolved health problems.
About this task
When you turn on the performance service, Virtual SAN places a Stats database object in the datastore to collect statistical data. The Stats database is a namespace object in the cluster's Virtual SAN datastore.
- Navigate to the Virtual SAN cluster in the vSphere Web Client navigator.
- Click the Manage tab and click Settings.
- Under Virtual SAN, select Health and Performance, and click Edit to edit the performance service settings.
- Select the Turn On Virtual SAN performance service check box.
You can turn off the Virtual SAN performance service by deselecting the check box.
- Select a storage policy for the Stats database object and click OK.