You can replace the witness host for a Virtual SAN stretched cluster.
Before you begin
Verify that the witness host is not in use.
About this task
Remove the existing witness host and add a new witness host.
- Navigate to the Virtual SAN cluster in the vSphere Web Client.
- Click the Manage tab and click Settings.
- Under Virtual SAN, click Fault Domains and Stretched Cluster.
- Click the Disable button.
- Click Yes to confirm witness host removal.
The witness host is removed, and the cluster becomes a normal Virtual SAN cluster with two fault domains.
- Click the Stretched Cluster Configure button to open the stretched cluster configuration wizard and re-configure the stretched cluster with a new witness host.