When you configure Virtual SAN to claim disks in manual mode, you can add additional local devices to existing disk groups.
The devices must be the same type as the existing devices in the disk groups, such as SSD or magnetic disks.
- Navigate to the Virtual SAN cluster in the vSphere Web Client.
- Click the Manage tab and click Settings.
- Under Virtual SAN, click Disk Management.
- Select the disk group, and click the Add a disk to the selected disk group icon ().
- Select the device that you want to add and click OK.
If you add a used device that contains residual data or partition information, you must first clean the device. For information about removing partition information from devices, see Remove Partition From Devices. You can also run the host_wipe_vsan_disks RVC command to format the device. For more information about RVC commands, see the RVC Command Reference Guide.