Configure the witness appliance, so that it is reachable on the network.
By default, the appliance can automatically obtain networking parameters if your network includes a DHCP server. If not, you must configure appropriate settings.
- Power on your witness appliance and open its console.
Because your appliance is an ESXi host, you see the Direct Console User Interface (DCUI).
- Press F2 and navigate to the Network Adapters page.
- On the Network Adapters page, verify that at least one vmnic is selected for transport.
- Configure the IPv4 parameters for the management network.
- Navigate to the IPv4 Configuration section and change the default DHCP setting to static.
- Enter the following settings:
- Configure DNS parameters.
Primary DNS server
Alternate DNS server