You can create alarms to monitor events on the selected Virtual SAN object, including the cluster, hosts, datastores, networks, and virtual machines.
You must have the required privilege level of Alarms.Create Alarm or Alarm.Modify Alarm
- Select the vCenter Server object in the inventory that you want to monitor.
- Select the Manage tab > Alarm Definitions > click the icon.
- Type a name and description for the new alarm.
- From the Monitor drop-down menu, select the object on which you want to configure an alarm.
- Click the specific event occurring on this object for example VM Power On and click Next.
- Click Triggers to add a Virtual SAN event that will trigger the alarm. The options on the Triggers page change depending on the type of activity you plan to monitor.
- Click the Add icon ().
- Click in the Event column, and select an option from the drop-down menu.
- Click in the Status column, and select an option from the drop-down menu.
- (Optional) Configure additional conditions to be met before the alarm triggers.
- Click the Add icon to add an argument.
- Click in the Argument column, and select an option from the drop-down menu.
- Click in the Operator column, and select an option from the drop-down menu.
- Click in the Value column, and enter a value in the text field.
You can add more than one argument.
- Click Next.
You selected and configured alarm triggers.