You can add a capacity device to an existing Virtual SAN disk group.
You cannot add a shared device to a disk group.
Verify that the device is formatted and is not in use.
- Navigate to the Virtual SAN cluster in the vSphere Web Client.
- Click the Manage tab and click Settings.
- Under Virtual SAN, click Disk Management.
- Select a disk group.
- Click the Add a disk to the selected disk group icon () at the bottom of the page.
- Select the capacity device that you want to add to the disk group.
- Click OK.
The device is added to the disk group.