Default scripts for suspending and resuming a virtual machine are written to work together. If you disable the script for one of these actions, you must also disable the script for the other action.
Important: You cannot run scripts on Windows NT, Me, Windows 98, and Windows 95 guest operating systems.
- Open a command prompt or terminal in the guest operating system.
- Change to the VMware Tools installation directory.
Operating System Default Path Windows C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Tools Linux and Solaris /usr/sbin FreeBSD /usr/local/sbin Mac OS X /Library/Application Support/VMware Tools
- Type the command to disable the script.
utility-name script script-name disable
Option Action utility-name (On Windows) Use VMwareToolboxCmd.exe. utility-name (On Linux, Solaris, and FreeBSD) Use vmware-toolbox-cmd. script-name Use power, resume, suspend, or shutdown.
- (Optional) If you disabled the script for suspending a virtual machine, repeat this procedure.
- (Optional) If you disabled the script for resuming a virtual machine, also disable the script for suspending the virtual machine.