Default scripts for suspending and resuming a virtual machine are written to work together. If you disable the script for one of these actions, you must also disable the script for the other action.
About this task
You cannot run scripts on Windows NT, Me, Windows 98, and Windows 95 guest operating systems.
On Linux, Solaris, and FreeBSD guest operating systems, to test, edit, or disable the running of a script, log in as root.
- Open a command prompt or terminal in the guest operating system.
- Change to the VMware Tools installation directory.
C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Tools
Linux and Solaris
Mac OS X
/Library/Application Support/VMware Tools
- Type the command to disable the script.
utility-name script script-name disable
utility-name (On Windows)
utility-name (On Linux, Solaris, and FreeBSD)
Use power, resume, suspend, or shutdown.
- (Optional) If you disabled the script for suspending a virtual machine, repeat this procedure.
- (Optional) If you disabled the script for resuming a virtual machine, also disable the script for suspending the virtual machine.