You can run a virtual machine so that it collects additional debugging information that is helpful to VMware technical support in resolving issues.
Power off the virtual machine.
- Right-click a virtual machine in the inventory and select Edit Settings.
- Click the VM Options tab and expand Advanced.
- Select a debugging and statistics option from the drop-down menu.
- Run normally
- Record Debugging Information
- Record Statistics
- Record Statistics and Debugging Information
The number of debugging and statistics options available depends on the host software type and version. On some hosts, some options are not available.
- Click OK.