You can upgrade VMware Tools in one or more virtual machines by using the vSphere Web Client.
- Start the vSphere Web Client and log in to the vCenter Server.
- Select the virtual machines.
- Select a datacenter, folder, cluster, resource pool, or host.
- Click the Related Objects tab, and click Virtual Machines.
- Power on the virtual machines to upgrade.
- Right-click your selections.
- Select OK. and click
- Select Interactive Upgrade or Automatic Upgrade and click Upgrade.
- If you chose the interactive upgrade for a virtual machine with a Linux guest operating system, reboot the operating system by running the reboot command from a command-line prompt so that you can use the new network modules.
VMware Tools are upgraded.