You can edit the IP allocation policy through the Virtual Machine Properties dialog box.
- Right-click a virtual machine in the inventory and select Edit Settings.
- Click the vApp Options tab.
- In the Authoring section, select IP allocation.
The information you specify will be used if you export the virtual machine to OVF and deploy the OVF.
- Select a network configuration scheme.
Determined by the environment in which you deploy the OVF template.
The IP addresses are allocated using DHCP when the virtual machine is powered on.
- Choose the IP protocol that this vApp supports: IPv4, IPv6, or both.
- Click OK.