You can use a VM template from a content library to deploy a virtual machine to a host or a cluster in your vSphere inventory.
- In the vSphere Web Client navigator, select .
- Select a content library, click the Related Objects tab, and click Templates.
- Right-click a VM Template and select New VM from This Template.
The New Virtual Machine from Content Library into Host or Cluster wizard opens.
- Enter a name, select a location for the virtual machine, and click Next.
- On the Select a resource page, select a host, a cluster, a resource pool, or a vApp where to deploy the VM template.
- On the Review details page, verify the template details and click Next.
- On the Select Storage page, select the location to store the files of the VM template, and click Next.
- Select a network for each network adapter in the template, and click Next.
- Review the page and click Finish.
A new task for creating the virtual machine appears in the Recent Tasks pane. After the task is complete, the new virtual machine is created on the selected resource.
What to do next
Customize the guest operating system of the virtual machine. For more information, see Apply a Customization Specification to a Virtual Machine.